Custer Health provides Men's Health & Wellness Screening to Standing Rock Reservation men ages 40 and older.
Exams for prostate and colorectal cancer are done yearly at Men's Health Days or at your physical exam.
What Tests Are Performed?
- Physical Examination by Health Care Provider with Digital Rectal Exam
- Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA)
- Stool for Occult Blood-Send Home Kits
Other Tests to Discuss With Your Doctor
- Blood Pressure
- Cholesterol Check
- STD Screening (Sexually Transmitted Disease)
Contact Information Service Area: Sioux County Only Custer Health
Jennifer Pelster, RN
Toll Free: 1-866-667-3370
Indian Health Services - Fort Yates ND
Indain Health Services - McLaughlin SD
What Can You Do To Be Healthier?
- Have yearly exams
- Eat a low fat, high fiber diet
- Be active, exercise several times a week
- Limit the use of alcohol
- Stop smoking or don't start
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Report any warning signs to your provider
- Make sure your immunizations are up to date