Home Visiting-Health Maintenance
|Service Provided In|
Bridget Winkler, RN
Heidi Moore, RN
|Morton and Sioux Counties
Jodie Fetsch, RN, Director of Nursing
Rebecca Nielsen, RN
Autumn Schaan, RN
Home Visiting-Health Maintenance services are provided by licensed nurses to individuals who live in Grant, Mercer, Morton, Oliver, and Sioux counties. Clients are accepted into the program based on the reasonable expectation that their medical, nursing, and social needs can be adequately met safely in their place of residence. Potential clients have the right to accept or deny services.
Referrals may be made by individuals, family, professionals or others who believe there is a need. Care is coordinated with your physician. Costs for services are set by a sliding fee scale.
- Reside in Grant, Mercer, Morton, Oliver, or Sioux counties.
- Are at risk for hospital admission or long-term care placement due to an inability to safely manage and take their medications as prescribed
- Are under the care of a health care provider
- Do not require in-home nursing as defined by Medicare
- Do not require nursing visits more than once a week
- Have a reasonable expectation that their needs can be safely met in their home
- Medication set-up and management - Including but not limited to: setting up medications, monitoring medication supply, ordering and arranging delivery of refills, and communication with health care provider’s office and pharmacy.
- Health Education and Counseling
- Nursing assessment
- Administration of injections/ injectable medications
- Limited Point of Care testing (i.e. INR)
- Assisting with community referrals - Connecting clients with other available services to help maintain safety and independence.
- Foot Care