Onsite Septic System License, Permit & Inspection Program
|Services Provided In
Grant, Mercer, Morton, Oliver, and Sioux Counties
Emmons and Kidder Counties
Contact: Erin Ourada, MPH, REHS/RS
Lana Schmidt, EHP
- Application for Construction or Alteration of an Onsite Treatment System (Residential)
- Onsite Septic Installer License Application
- Statewide Onsite Treatment System Code (revised 5-9-18) Custer Health and public health partners across the state have adopted a statewide septic system code.
Please contact Lana or Erin if you have questions and/or concerns about the new code.
- Custer Health Licensed Installers 2018 (Updated: 9-10-18)
- Statewide Licensed Installers 2018
Emmons and Kidder County Residents
In 2017, Emmons County Public Health and Kidder County District Health Unit Boards of Health adopted the above statewide septic system code. This requires that all installers are licensed and that every new or updated septic system is permitted and inspected. Emmons County and Kidder County contract environmental health services through Custer Health to perform these duties. If you have questions, please contact your respective health unit or call us directly at 701-667-3370. We look forward to working with all of you in the future!
Emmons County Approved Code (revised 5-9-18)
Kidder County Approved Code (revised 5-9-18)
Information for Homeowner Installation
Individual Home Sewage Treatment Systems
For more information on installing your own system as well as some Do's and Don'ts for septic systems: Homeowner Installation Document